JOB NUMBER: JB00426
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV00446
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: Bosun / Staff Captain
The Able Seaman / Quarter Master on board will stand watch as helmsman and lookout, maintain a steady course, execute all rudder orders and communicate using navigational terms relating to heading and steering.
• Handles the maintenance, cleanliness and manoeuvring of the ship;
• Secures navigational watch in order to prevent any possible hazard to the ship;
• Controls at the gangway with the Officer on duty;
• Performs the manoeuvring and the maintenance for the safety of the ship, the passengers and the Crew;
• Minimises the wastage of materials while respecting all rules relating to injury, safety and pollution preventions;
• Is capable to drive the Tender/ Lifeboat when the ship is at anchor.
• MUST BE over 18 years of age;
• STCW95 “Basic Training” (Basic Fire Fighting, Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, PSSR), “ Watchkeeping Certificate” Reg.II/4 and “Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat” are compulsory;
• Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
• School-leaving certificate;
• At least 2 years of experience in deck department and minimum 1 year of experience as Quarter Master/helmsman;
• Minimum knowledge of PC;
• Sufficient knowledge in Fire Fighting techniques and injury prevention;
• Sufficient knowledge in maintenance, technique and seamanship;
• Good knowledge of COLREG Regulation.
• VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary;
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.