JOB NUMBER: JB00436
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV01703
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Chief Refrigeration Technician
The main purpose of the refrigeration technician role is to assure the safe and efficient control and maintenance of the ship’s air conditioning system, the provisions area refrigeration units and all refrigerators on board in co-operation together with the Chief Refrigeration Technician. The successful candidate is in charge of executing all duties associated with the operation of the Air Conditioning and refrigeration plants and equipment on board, reporting to the Chief Refrigeration Technician or her/his delegate for any work to be done, or any malfunctioning equipment.
• Consults daily with Chief Refrigeration Technician concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the Air conditioning and refrigeration equipment generally;
• Keeps the Chief Refrigeration Technician fully informed;
• Is on Stand by during the night in case of emergency or immediate intervention on the air conditioning or refrigeration plants;
•Is in charge for taking part to daily work of the refrigeration team, taking instructions from the Chief Refrigeration Technician;
• Executes periodical check to ensure that all provisions rooms and Air-conditioning substations are at the correct set point, updating the relative daily logs, reporting immediately to the Chief Refrigeration Technician or his/her delegate in case of problems or faults in the system;
• Replaces the assigned assistant for a night’s standby duty, if necessary;
• Takes part in the daily maintenance with the refrigeration team concerning Guest and Crew cabins, fan rooms, AC filters and other refrigerators in accordance with the Chief Refrigeration Technician or her/his persons delegated by Hotel Engineer;
• Operates constantly with the full consideration for the comfort and safety of Guests.
• Fluent in oral and written English and Italian. Knowledge of other Foreign language is a major advantage;
• High School Graduation with appropriate licenses obtained from certified Technical Institutes;
• At least 5 years of experience in the position on board of ships or in similar international environments;
• Windows based computer ability and proven knowledge of MS Office suite is a must;
• Good supervisory skills, crisis, and problem handling;
• Physical integrity and ability to: stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, taste or smell, lift and/or move up to 25 Kg., full ability of close vision close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
• STCW95 trainings are compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techiniques, elementary first aid, perosnal security and social responsibility);
• Proficiency in security awareness training is required;
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
• VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.