JOB NUMBER: JB01891
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02433
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Cellar Master
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Sommelier to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” to provide exceptional sommelier services throughout the onboard venues. The Sommelier also oversees the inventory of all wine lists and trains of all dining service and bar colleagues in order to assure proper service rendering and guests satisfaction.
• Provides outstanding wine service in all restaurants, assists in the creation of wine menus;
• Pair wines with food: recommends wines that will complement the different styles of cuisine and different methods of food preparation;
• Reports any complaints about wine service to the Cellar Master, ensuring fast and courteous response to guests;
• Provides wine knowledge training to dining service and bar colleagues on a regular basis;
• Oversees the inventory of wine and produces reports.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate;
• Sommelier certificate;
• At least 2 year experience as Sommelier in Luxury/Premium hospitality;
• Excellent knowledge of fine wines and premium beverages;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
• Computer literacy;
• Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
• Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.