JOB NUMBER: JB02253
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02434
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Beverage Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Cigar Specialist to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The overall scope of the job includes serving cigar and beverages to guests, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of Explora Journeys in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
• Responsible to Beverage Manager;
• A courteous, professional and efficient service is always provided;
• All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet;
• Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered onboard;
• Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all cigars and beverage items offered;
• Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered as well as offering alternatives;
• Monitor operating cigar lounge supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully;
• Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors;
• Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned;
• Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations in our policy manual and relating to hygiene, health & safety;
• Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment;
• Have an excellent understanding of cigars and premium beverages in general, ingredients and preparations to ensure the right cigar will be recommended;
• Have an excellent understanding of today’s cigar trends, ratings as well as understands the business and regularly develops further to gain greater knowledge;
• Have an excellent understanding of cigars and related beverages and can hold trainings to the team to improve guest experience and encourage sales;
• Be able to control stocks, produce efficient costing of cigars as well as perform excellent recommendations to guests;
• Have accomplished external cigar trainings through organizations and suppliers;
• At least 3 years’ experience within a cigar bar/lounge/shop operation.
• Passionate for Food & Beverage, and cigars.
• Team player.
• Flexible and reliable.
• Tolerant and open minded.
• Works well under pressure.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book if available.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.