JOB NUMBER: JB02251
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02441
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Hotel Engineers
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chief Plumber to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The Chief Plumber has to assist the Hotel Engineer in repairing all hotel machineries and plumbing system. If necessary, must collaborate with the Electricians and A.C. Technicians to guarantee the comfort of the Guests and Crew, maintaining the technical standard prescribed by the company. Moreover, must be able to organize the different duties of the subordinates assigning different tasks. Organize and plan the ordinary and extra ordinary maintenance of various hotel machineries and associated defects.
• By mutual arrangement with the Hotel Engineer, to be on board the vessel at any time the Hotel Engineer is absent from the ship.
• Follow the instructions of the Hotel Engineer concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the technical equipment inside and outside the engine room, and specifically within the Hotel Department. When necessary, help the Engine Officers or the Foreman in maintaining and cleaning the machinery spaces and machinery equipment subjected to Hotel’s service.
• Assign maintenance and repair duties to his dependent personnel and actively supervise in any overhaul and repair work.
• Work always in accordance with acceptable standards, avoiding wastage of materials, and always respecting all injury prevention rules.
• Always operate with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests - as this is the prime policy of the Company.
• Successful experience with minimum one to two years in a similar position within a Cruise company.
• High School Graduate with appropriate licenses as required by company.
• Experience in International sanitation requirements and protocols .
• Intermediate oral and written English (working & Safety language of the Company). Ability to speak, read and write any additional languages is a plus.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.