JOB NUMBER: JB01960
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02445
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: F&B Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Restaurant Operations Manager to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. Under the general guidance of the F&B Manager maximize guest satisfaction and food and beverage profitability by managing the restaurants and its staff and execute food and beverage marketing and sales strategies. All works are carried out in line with the company guidelines and business plan, the departmental business plan, and Explora Journeys guidelines and service concepts.
• Checks the restaurant reservations, cruises arrival list, and VIP list to ensure that own staff is aware of VIP guests, packages and use name when appropriate.
• Assists over menu changes and /or relevant feedbacks together with Corporate Chef and Corporate office plans and co-ordinates in-house.
• The Restaurant Operations Manager supervises and budgets works pro-actively to minimize complaints from Guests.
• Follows-up with Guests to determine satisfaction; measures results and establishes strategies to improve the quality of the Guest experience.
• Demonstrates understanding and practical knowledge of Food Safety as defined in Company manuals.
• Accepts flexible work schedule, necessary for uninterrupted service to ship guests.
• Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to appropriate individual.
• Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function.
• A minimum of 4-years experience in the position with diverse luxury Hospitality and/ or luxury Cruise lines;
• Fluent in oral and written English (working & Safety Language of the Company). Ability to speak, read and write any additional language (German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French) is considered as a plus.
• Certified in Food Safety/HACCP.
• High School Graduate.
• A certificate, diploma or document to certify he/she has a full and professional knowledge of Dining overall operations.
• Sound knowledge of accounting and computerized Dining systems.
• Demonstrated skills in one-on-one communications with Guests.
• Above average skills in tactful and diplomatic problems handling.
• Sound supervisory skills and proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.