JOB NUMBER: JB02226
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02448
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: F&B Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Cellar Master to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” to supervise the Wine operation onboard. The Cellar Master is also responsible for the training and development of the F&B team in the areas of wine service and product knowledge as well as providing a vision for the future.
• Works together with the Beverage Manager & Restaurant Operations Manager to supervise the overall Beverage operation onboard focusing on wine/beverage service in the dining rooms;
• Works directly with the Sommelier & Beverage team using hands on leadership approach, with an emphasis on guest service techniques and experiences;
• Delivers all tasting event’s with the utmost professionalism and entertainment value and is always looking for ways to enhance the wine tasting program;
• Adheres to Public Health regulations and requirements into consideration at all times;
• Is responsible for the entire wine list upkeep and maintenance as well as menu suggestion wines;
• Facilitates assets management (maintain facilities and equipment in good working order);
• Actively participates in new crew training and development as well as focusing on overall crew retention;
• Will ensure that wine par levels in all outlets are maintained at required levels, conducts periodic spot checks to ensure that requisitions and transfer forms are being completed accurately;
• Assist the Beverage Manager in forecasting beverage consumption and to place accurate and timely beverage orders;
• Actively participates in loading and overall management of the wine store;
• Is fully aware of all PPD targets and actual figures;
• Focused on increasing wine knowledge for our guests, providing upselling opportunities while maintaining costs within budgets.
• Minimum of 4 years Wine experience;
• Preferably a “Court of Master Sommeliers” Certified Sommelier or WSET Level 3-4;
• Fluent in English (additional European Languages are highly regarded: Italian, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese);
• Must have a working knowledge of the following programs: MS Office Suite, Micros, Fidelio/Otalio or similar systems;
• Positive attitude;
• Flexible and pro-active;
• Must have complete Integrity.
Possess a valid passport and if available a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.