JOB NUMBER: JB01966
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02476
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Hotel Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chief Carpenter to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The Chief Carpenter ensures the efficiency and maintenance of all areas and equipment, specifically within the guest and crew areas.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of furniture of Guests and Crew accommodations, not limited to public areas, bars, theatre, lounges, restaurants and all other venues throughout the ship. Including passive fire structure such as Fire Screen Doors.
• He assigns tasks and responsibilities to his team members while providing on-the-job training as needed.
• Responsible for the proper operation of the carpenter shop, equipment, inventory and consumables.
• Provides quantities and specifications of the materials necessary to perform relevant maintenance in constant cooperation with the Hotel Engineer.
• Minimum of 2 years professional experience as a skilled Carpenter.
• Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English. Proficiency in other language(s) is a plus.
• Aptitude for basic mathematics in calculating proportions, ratios and measurements.
• Knowledge of materials and the tools involved in construction or repair.
• Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
• Excellent attention to detail, practical and problem-solving skills to ensure the best passenger experience.
• Relevant knowledge in carpeting and deck coverings.
• Ability to perform finishing carpentry with acceptable quality standards while producing the least possible waste of material.
• Flexibility and open-mindedness to be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.