JOB NUMBER: JB02045
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02488
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: General Manager / Entertainment Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Desktop Publisher to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The Desktop Publisher is responsible for all printed matter onboard, for collecting information about the various departments’ activities, menus and publishing all the printed material to be distributed onboard for both Guests and crew. They support the hotel management team with administration duties as required.
• Operates professional computer equipment, publishing software and printers to perform necessary functions in accordance with technical manuals and established procedures;
• Gathers information from various departments to update and prepare the vessel’s daily newsletter, menus, guest documentation. Proofreads all materials for correct grammar and brand approved terminology;
• Works closely with the Experience Manager, F&B Management Team and General Manager to ensure quality and consistency of printer materials;
• Prepares layouts for printed materials as guided by Explora Journey’s corporate team;
• Responsible for indirect cost containment through the proper use of computer equipment to produce documents including the ship’s daily program and menus.
• Secondary School Diploma in administration and/or Hotel Management;
• Experience with publishing layout computer software MS Office, Publisher, In-design, Quark Express or similar;
• Fluent English and at least one European language;
• Good knowledge of additional languages (French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese), is highly desirable.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.