JOB NUMBER: JB02277
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02501
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Maître d / Assistant Maître d
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Waiter to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. While establishing a friendly relationship with guests, the Waiter provides excellent and professional dining service to guests in any assigned venue, presenting the menus and suggesting particular courses and drinks.
• Supervise their assigned station at any restaurant, including the buffet area;
• Greet, presents menus and takes orders from guests;
• Present the wine and beverage list and assist guests to make their selection;
• Possess full knowledge of the menu and provide menu explanation and recommendations;
• Ensure that all special diets and special requests are fulfilled according to guest requirements. Serve the various courses and beverages, ensuring correct presentation;
• Ensure that the assigned station is clean and supervises the correct mise en place before and after every service;
• Complies with Explora Journeys standard procedures relating to cleanliness, set-ups and service standards;
• Report immediately any problems and guests complain to their direct supervisor;
• Supervise the Assistant Waiter assigned to their station, ensuring they are performing their job correctly, and providing help, encouragement, and coaching;
• Perform Room Service duties when requested by supervisors;
• Possess full knowledge of current P.H rules and regulations and maintain P.H standards at all times.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French;
• High School certificate is an advantage;
• Experience in 4/5 stars restaurant, hotel or resort is an advantage;
• Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
• Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
• Cruise industry experience is an advantage.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.