JOB NUMBER: JB02227
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02509
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: CDC Outlet, Executive Chef, Senior Executive Chef
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Pizzaiolo to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Pizzaiolo is to maintain an efficient operation in the assigned production area, by constantly analyzing the quality and cost of the Pizza production on board.
• Maintain set budget and monitor time management.
• Ensure safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
• Ensure full adherence within an assigned area, to menus, recipes, methods, and operational specifics provided by the company.
• Correct discrepancies (quality, taste, appearance) immediately.
• Monitor and assist Section Heads to prepare the daily electronic food requisitions according to the forecasted figures.
• Ensure smooth and efficient service, presentation, and final plating.
• Communicate with guests in a positive and composed manner.
• Ensure that Guests are provided with the best meal and service possible.
• Follow up on negative feedback received.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Report any malfunctions and necessary repairs that affect the daily operation in the galley, and that violate Public Health & SMS requirements to the Technical department.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
• Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Maintain direct communication flow with the Sr. Ex. Chef for any provision-related matters regarding specific ingredients.
• Monitor the training and familiarization of new food crewmembers to their new job and living environment.
• Ensure economical work practices are in place to minimize and avoid waste.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary environment for all guests and crew members.
• Follow proper procedures and instructions at all times to prevent damage of any kind to ship or company property.
• Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
• Minimum of 5 years in the profession (Luxury/Premium Hotels and Restaurants).
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in additional language(s) is a plus.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Work with international team members.
• Luxury/premium cruise ship experience preferred.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• USPH or HACCP certification.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and smell.
• The employee must be able to lift or move up to 55 pounds (25 kilograms) without assistance.
A valid passport and if available a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.