JOB NUMBER: JB02099
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02510
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Executive Chef
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Sushi Master to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Sushi Master is to maintain an efficient operation in the assigned production area, by constantly analyzing the quality and cost of the Sushi production.
• Monitor and supervise the Sushi Station.
• Maintain set budget and monitor time management.
• Ensure safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
• Ensure full adherence within an assigned area, to menus, recipes, methods, and operational specifics provided by the company.
• Conduct food tastings on a daily basis.
• Monitor and assist Section Heads to prepare the daily electronic food requisitions according to the forecasted figures.
• Ensure smooth and efficient service, presentation, and final plating.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Report any malfunctions and necessary repairs that affect the daily operation in the galley, and that violate Public Health & SMS requirements to the Technical department.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
• Ensure that assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Ensure and reinforce the daily Recipe review program. Recipe reviews must be submitted to the culinary department for review and approval.
• Monitor the training and familiarization of new food crewmembers to their new job and living environment.
• Develop a program to train personnel in the appropriate area of responsibility according to standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for controlling food and general expenses related to the production in the assigned area, set by the Corporate Office Guidelines and Budget.
• Ensure economical work practices are in place to minimize and avoid waste.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
• Advanced knowledge of Asian/Fusion Cuisine, overall culinary knowledge, and leadership experience.
• Minimum of 5 years in the profession (Luxury/Premium Hotels and Restaurants).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a management role in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Familiar with the concept of relational database-driven inventory control systems.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• 3-year apprenticeship for professional chefs or a degree in Culinary Arts.
• USPH or HACCP certification.
Posses a valid passport and a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.