JOB NUMBER: JB02370
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02614
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Restaurant Operations Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Assistant Restaurant Operations Manager to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. Under the general guidance of the Restaurant Operations Manager, maximize guest satisfaction and ensure high quality service by leading and motivating the team in any venue on board, preventing and handling guest issues, creating an overall pleasant dining experience. All works are carried out in line with the company’s guidelines and policy.
• Checks the restaurant reservations, cruise arrival list, and VIP list to ensure that the crew is aware of VIP guests, packages and use name when appropriate.
• Follows-up with Guests to ensure satisfaction; gives special attention to VIP’s and demanding guests and establishes strategies to improve the quality of the Guest experience.
• Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation.
• Evaluates staff and discuss their strengths and weaknesses with the Restaurant Managers, giving special attention to the new employees.
• Maintains own working area clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to the appropriate colleagues.
• Knowledgeable of the Food Operations, (menus, cooking methods applied, menu cycles and presentation standards).
• Accepts a flexible schedule when necessary to ensure outstanding service to the Guests.
• Assigns and/or delegates working hours and side duties for all restaurant staff.
• Ensures that all special requests are fulfilled as per Guest requirements.
• Provides direction to peers.
• A minimum of 4-year experience in the position with diverse luxury Hospitality and/ or luxury Cruise lines.
• Fluent in oral and written English (working & safety language of the Company). Ability to speak, read and write any additional language (German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French) is considered as a plus.
• Certified in Food Safety/HACCP.
• High School Graduate.
• A certificate, diploma or document to certify a full professional knowledge of overall dining operations.
• Sound knowledge of accounting and computerized dining systems/software.
• Demonstrated skills in one-on-one communications with Guests.
• Above average skills in tactful and diplomatic problem handling
Possesses a valid passport and seaman book if available.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.