JOB NUMBER: JB02403
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02649
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: First Deck Officer / Staff Captain
The Second Officer performs his assigned bridge watch-standing and navigational duties.
• Executes the correct performance of his assigned bridge watch-standing and navigational duties;
• Ensures the application of the company policy on board regarding the health and hygiene for crew and passengers;
• Supports Captain, Staff Captain or Chief Mate in all technical matter of the Ship;
• Supports or relieves the Chief Mate in case of emergency;
• Is responsible for the cadet training during his navigational watch;
• Is responsible for the weekly sanitation inspections in the Provision Room;
• Is responsible for the control of water supply from shore or barges;
• Supervises the Integrated Pest Control program;
• Cooperates with the Safety Officer for the safety familiarization of the crew;
• Participates in cabin inspections of Ship personnel when required by the Staff Captain;
• Attends all cocktail parties and social and entertaining functions where his presence is required by the Master.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
• Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap II/2;
• Extensive successful experience in a similar position with another Cruise Line;
• Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
• Sound supervisory skills;
• Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment, exercising authority, diplomacy, and impartiality;
• Substantial interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills;
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
Valid Passport and Seaman Book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.