JOB NUMBER: JB02406
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02652
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: Safety Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Safety Training Officer to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The Safety Training Officer is responsible to deliver and oversee the safety training to all crew members in cooperation with the Safety Officer. Assist the Safety Officer in maintaining the safety of the ship.
• Perform a weekly navigational watch on the Bridge.
• By mutual arrangement with the Safety Officer, be on board the vessel at any time the Safety Officer is not on board.
• In collaboration with the Safety Officer maintain the Muster List updated including co-ordination and organization of all aspects of the safety organization.
• Be responsible for the safety training of all ship's personnel, including specific individual training (as per Muster list duties) as requested by Company instructions, national and all applicable international regulations. If it is deemed necessary even on an individual basis to correct some knowledge deficiencies found, and report to the Safety Officer in case there is no improvement.
• In collaboration with the Safety Officer, based on their own experience and sensitivity, devise drill scenarios that are always different, personalized and which meet the contingent needs of the participants.
• Assist Safety Officer for the maintenance of all firefighting equipment and lifesaving appliances as detailed in Company Instructions and all applicable National and International regulations.
• Assist Safety Officer to verify that all signals and identifications regarding the firefighting organization will not show any deficiency, ensure the training of the firemen and all personnel about the correct use of the related equipment.
• Participate in maneuvers as indicated by the Master.
• Coordinate with the Environmental Officer the monthly Pollution Emergency Drill.
• In collaboration with the Safety Officer, maintain all requested documentation updated and readily available for the Authorities, Surveyors, the Company's Safety Superintendent and Fleet Safety Trainers. Prepare the monthly training schedule and the relevant records as per company requirements.
• Maintain close contact with MSCCM (Fleet operations department) to benefit of the shoreside support.
• Report to Safety Officer any defects or malfunction of any safety equipment.
• Proficient in English. Any additional language, particularly European languages, is considered an advantage.
• Excellent communication, negotiation skills and ability to lead, coach and mentor.
• All necessary documentation in order to be in compliance with Flag State requirements and regulations.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.