JOB NUMBER: JB02409
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02656
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: Safety Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chief Fireman to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The Chief Fireman is responsible for the firemen Team onboard. Coordinates with the Safety Officer for the maintenance and cleanliness of firefighting and lifesaving equipment.
• Be responsible for coordinating the fireman team;
• Be responsible for the efficient, safe and secure supervision of all areas of the ship to prevent any possible fire hazard;
• Support the Safety Officer with his skill and ability in all activities related to the maintenance of fire fighting equipment and structural fire fighting devices of the ship;
• Coordinate daily work regarding Firefighting and Lifesaving with the Safety Officer;
• Guaranty the minimum Safety manning always stay on board while the vessel is in port;
• Follow the instructions of the Safety Officer concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance of firefighting lifesaving equipment and structural devices;
• Perform all duties in accordance with acceptable standards avoiding wastage of materials;
• Work in co-operation preparing all means of access on board (ladders, gangways, etc.) respecting all injury prevention rules related to them.
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
• Extensive Successful Experience in a similar position with another Cruise Line;
• Great communication skills and ability to coach and motivate the team.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.