An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Sous Chef Baker to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Sous Chef Baker is to assist the Executive Baker in supervising and managing the onboard Bakery production for all outlets. " />
JOB NUMBER: JB02098
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02685
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Executive Baker
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Sous Chef Baker to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Sous Chef Baker is to assist the Executive Baker in supervising and managing the onboard Bakery production for all outlets.
• Ensure that Quality Standards and Procedures are in line with company Rules and Regulations.
• Ensure that bakery personnel is guided and trained to increase productivity.
• Manage the preparation of bakery items that require good professional bakery skills, with the help of the Asst. & Baker.
• Responsible for the production of bakery goods such as different bread rolls, Danish, breads, croissants, etc.
• Possess good knowledge of the Bakery and an understanding of culinary terms.
• Possess knowledge of the various types of grains and flour, gluten-free bread options, and food-related allergies.
• Ensure that menus, recipes, guidelines & methods provided are followed.
• Able to work in any section of the Bakery Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to subordinates.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in the assigned area and according to instructions from the corporate team.
• Maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation, and appearance, according to recipes and pictures.
• Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in the area of responsibility.
• Master bread decorations for the various buffet themes and special occasions as required by the operation.
• Prepare the daily electronic requisitions according to the guest count and forecast figures.
• Possess knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations, and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
• Conduct spot-checks and any type of inspections (SMS, PH) as necessary.
• Control and maintain all Bakery equipment distributed to staff, ensuring that it is cleaned and/or sanitized and returned in an acceptable condition after each use.
• Mentor, develop and provide on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen current performance and in preparation for future advancement.
• Ensure the recipe-training program is conducted as required, corrected if needed, and communicated to the Executive Baker and Senior Executive Chef.
• Maintain cost control within the department/team.
• Ensure economical work procedures.
• Control food production to minimize/avoid waste.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Supervise activities such as. afternoon tea, pool parties, cocktail parties, or special functions where the Bakery Department is involved.
• Attend early stand-by for any inspection.
• Advanced Bakery Skills.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field, in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Familiarly with relational database-driven inventory control systems.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• Bakery School degree.
• Food Hygiene Certification.
Posses a valid passport and a seaman book if available
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.