JOB NUMBER: JB02093
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02701
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Senior Executive Chef
The primary responsibility of the Explora Journeys Culinary Admin is to support the Culinary operation with all administrative tasks, and to assist all HOD’s with administrative duties.
• Efficient, prompt, and accurate overall Administration.
• Accurate, prompt reporting and verification based on the documentation requirement.
• Communicate all relevant information to the Senior Executive Chef.
• Ensure compliance with Explora Journey’s Culinary Administration Standards and Process documentation.
• Print and post all information for the crew related to:
- Shipboard Information-Working Menu Information
• Fill in all daily administrative paperwork such as the Excuse list, and all SMS logs.
• Print and distribute all daily checklists including PH forms for all galley middle management
• File all daily checklists when needed.
• Update the Meal/Pax count on daily basis for categories highlighted in the ABS Manual.
• Monitor the data collection and entry during the course of the cruise.
• Assist the Executive Chef during the service for the Entry of the Meal Count of all Galleys.
• Prepare the working menu for the next cruise according to Senior Exec Chef Instructions.
• Print all working menus for the galley.
• Assist the galley in entering the food requisition.
• Follow up on all maintenance reports.
• Prepare and update all training logs for the galley personnel.
• Update Galley Crew Master List on weekly basis according to Senior Exec Chef Instructions.
• Update the galley crew rotation in the master list according to Senior Exec Chef Instructions.
• Assist with scheduled in-use inventory counts.
• Support Team on Admin Tasks during sing on/off process.
• Distribute printed materials such as requisition hard copies.
• Assist with paperwork related to Culinary crew customs declarations.
• Assist the Senior Executive Chef with maintenance issues and put all reported jobs into the maintenance system.
• Assist in PH walkabout in taking notes and preparing the report to be shared with the culinary management team.
• Assist in various training programs to ensure all crew members are aware of all matters.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Possess knowledge of the Fleet Administration Manual, Supply Chain Manual, Systems Application Manual, Culinary online Manual, Shipboard Training etc.
•Two years of experience in the Human Resources field of luxury hotels and cruise line brands.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as HR administrator in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posses a valid passport and if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.