JOB NUMBER: JB02092
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02703
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Assistant Chef de Partie
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Cook to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Cook is to prepare the groundwork for the daily menu items with minimal supervision of his section leader or manager, and following recipes and guidelines provided.
• Possess basic professional knowledge of all sections in a classic kitchen.
• Identify flavor balance and take corrective action when needed.
• Share responsibility for the overall product with the section leader.
• Possess advanced knife handling skills.
• Ensure accurate timing of food preparation.
• Prepare all basic food items for the menu as requested by the supervisor.
• Able to work in any section of a galley.
• Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
• Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling, and maintenance of records, reports, supplies, and equipment within the assigned section.
• Possess familiarity with the galley layout in terms of safety and security.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Attend any early stand-by in the galley for USPH purposes.
• Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• Culinary School degree.
• Food Hygiene Certification.
• Minimum of 3 years in kitchen operations.
Posses a valid passport and, if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.