JOB NUMBER: JB02090
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02705
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Junior Sous Chef
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chef de Partie to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Chef De Partie is to lead a section assigned by Galley Management and oversee the entire production with minimum supervision.
• Take full ownership as an independent, motivated professional.
• Accept assignment in any area of the Galley, either hot or cold section.
• Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Maintain the quality and consistency in taste according to instructions provided by the corporate office.
• Able to work in any section of a kitchen.
• Coordinate and supervise all personnel assigned to the section.
• Review recipes on a daily basis.
• Provide food samples, random food tastings, and show plates when requested by a direct supervisor.
• Control production levels.
• Prepare daily electronic food requisitions as needed.
• Countercheck deliveries for accuracy.
• Possess the ability to oversee any main section (Sauce, Entremetier, Fish, Roast, Outlet CDP, Tournant, and Cold Kitchen) and its entire food production.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
• Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling, and maintenance of records, reports, supplies, and equipment within the assigned section.
• Conduct workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly cleaned and stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
• Possess familiarity with the galley layout in terms of safety and security.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Mentor, develop, and provide on-the-job training to assigned staff to strengthen current performance and to prepare for future advancement.
• Attend any early stand-by in the galley for USPH purposes.
• Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 8 years experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship or convention banqueting service.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Chef De Partie role.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Culinary School degree.
• Food Hygiene Certification.
Posses a valid passport and, if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.