JOB NUMBER: JB02085
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02708
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Chef de Partie
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Assistant Chef de Partie to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Chef de Partie is to work under the guidance of the Chef De Partie and Sous Chef to oversee a section with minimal supervision.
• Possess familiarity with high-quality operations and presentation standards.
• Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to train and coach subordinates.
• Serve as the link between the Galley Management and all other lower positions in a Galley Operation.
• Accomplish the production of international recipes on a daily basis, displaying quality preparation and presentation skills.
• Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Able to work in any section of a galley.
• Possess advanced knife handling skills.
• Coordinate and supervise all personnel assigned to the section.
• Review recipes on a daily basis.
• Provide food samples, random food tastings, and show plates when requested by a direct supervisor.
• Control production levels.
• Recommend improvements and better cost control.
• Prepare daily electronic food requisitions needed in the production section.
• Countercheck deliveries for accuracy.
• Possess the ability to oversee any main section (Sauce, Entremetier, Fish, Roast, Outlet CDP, Tournant, and Cold Kitchen) and its entire food production.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Ensure that all HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
• Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling, and maintenance of records, reports, supplies, and equipment within the assigned section.
• Conduct workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly cleaned and stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
• Possess familiarity with the galley layout in terms of safety and security.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Mentor, develop, and provide on-the-job training to assigned staff to strengthen current performance and to prepare for future advancement.
• Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, or convention banqueting service.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Assistant Chef De Partie role.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• Culinary School degree.
• Food Hygiene Certification.
Posses a valid passport and, if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.