JOB NUMBER: JB02086
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02709
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Chef de Partie Pastry
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Assistant Chef de Partie Pastry to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Chef de Partie Pastry is to work under the guidance of the Chef De Partie Pastry to oversee the Pastry production with as little supervision as possible.
• Possess advanced pastry cooking and knife skills.
• Prepare all required Pastry recipes as instructed, following the menus, recipes, guidelines & methods provided.
• Complete basic tasks such as creams, ice cream, and preparation of basic doughs.
• Possess knowledge and ability to use general techniques such as the use of a piping bag.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with USPH and Company Regulations.
• Able to work in any section of the Pastry Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to subordinates.
• Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in the assigned area and according to instructions from the Executive Pastry Chef.
• Prevent any equipment damage/loss.
• Control and maintain all Pastry equipment distributed to staff, ensuring that it is cleaned and/or sanitized and returned in an acceptable condition after each use.
• Monitor the cleaning, handling, and storage of all Pastry equipment.
• Ensure that the pastry/adjacent areas are ready for an announced or unannounced inspection, performed by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Ensure that the HACCP program is applied accordingly.
• Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling, and maintenance of records, reports, supplies, and equipment within his assigned section.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
• Basic Pastry Skills.
• Minimum of 5 years in the profession in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• High School education or international equivalent.
• Pastry School degree.
• Food Hygiene Certification.
Posses a valid passport and, if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.