JOB NUMBER: JB02078
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02710
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Butcher
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Assistant Butcher to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Butcher is to handle all raw meat preparations assigned by the Head Butcher.
• Manage the organization of the stores and freezer and ensure compliance with company standards.
• Possess basic professional butcher knowledge and skills.
• Possess a thorough understanding of how to handle, defrost, prepare, and portion all cuts of meat.
• Possess advanced knife handling and butchery skills.
• Conduct Portion Control reviews on a daily basis to ensure compliance.
• Possess familiarity with the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed correctly.
• Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment within the assigned section.
• Possess familiarity with the galley layout in terms of safety and security.
• Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
• Assist the Butcher with any storing operation.
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 3 years in butchery in a large operation.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Communicate effectively with the senior management.
• Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experienced in coaching subordinates.
• Must be cost and quality conscious.
• Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs to include but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel.
• USPH or HACCP certification preferred.
Posses a valid passport and, if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.