JOB NUMBER: JB02036
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02765
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Laundry Master
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Laundry Attendant to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the operational processes in the Main Laundry. He/She masters the equipment and uses it safely in order to produce high quality work. Reports directly to the Laundry Master and Housekeeping Manager.
• Maintains and reports the functionality of the entire equipment used in the Main Laundry.
• Flexible and open to learn and safely utilize the Main Laundry equipment, in order to provide high quality work, utilizing the tools at their highest potential.
• Follows the Public Health standards and uses always correct Personal Protective Equipment while on duty.
• Reports any discrepancy, wrong calibrated equipment, accidental damages.
• Reports guest and team members items received for processing, already damaged or with defects.
• Follows the rotation schedule, to each equipment and shift, in order to maintain a healthy workflow during the contract.
• Follows the correct separation of the items before processing, tagging and delivery.
• Is flexible and assists with luggage loading and offloading when needs and assists the Suite Hosts during embarkation process, as guided by the Housekeeping Manager.
• High School diploma or similar preferred.
• Cruise ship experience in this role.
• For safety and others on board, certain physical abilities will be maintained.
• Must be able to climb, bend, perform repetitive motion and eventually heavy lifting.
Possess a valid passport and if available, a seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.