JOB NUMBER: JB02496
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02774
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: Staff Captain
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Facility Manager to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” to drive the safe and efficient operations of technical and non-technical equipment within the guest and crew areas, leading the maintenance team in planning and delivering every maintenance activity on board, with the objective to minimize any possible discomfort for our guests and crew.
• liaise with the ship management with regard to the maintenance procedure;
• supervise and inspect the planned and defined maintenance activities;
• keep monthly reports of hotel maintenance activities and prioritizing actions based on needs, guest satisfaction and budget;
• control and verify inventory of spare materials and tools, to issue requisitions in accordance with maintenance needs and budget;
• records and plans for all maintenance activities to be carried out during ship dry dock.
• Minimum 3-year experience in the role;
• Fluent in oral and written English language. Any other major language is an advantage;
• Extensive knowledge of overall shipboard operations and hotel activities;
• High degree of independent work, ability to take decisions and schedule work for the assigned team;
• Experience in international sanitation protocols;
• A high standard of relationship management and communication skills are essential;
• Previous experience in Luxury cruise vessels is highly regarded.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.