JOB NUMBER: JB02563
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV02834
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Chief Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Hotel Maintenance Officer to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The HMO is required to ensure the safe and efficient operation of technical and non-technical equipment outside EngineRoom spaces and specifically within the guest and crew areas (including cabins).
1. By mutual arrangement with the Staff Engineer, to be on board the vessel at any time the ChiefEngineer is absent from the ship.
2. Collaborates with the Hotel Director, Staff Captain, and Chief Engineer concerning methods andprocedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the technical and non-technical equipment outsidethe engine room and technical spaces, including guest and crew areas and cabins.
3. Inspects all related works in progress, and on completion, assures that manpower is fully utilized,that work is executed properly in accordance with acceptable standards.
4. Ensures the correct maintenance of the vessel through routine inspections, reporting anynonconformities in writing.
5. Trains subordinates to follow safe working practices, ensures that functions are fully recognized byeach person and that work is done in a manner that conforms to established company standards.
6. Operates with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests - this is a prime consideration of the Company
1. Fluent in oral and written English (working language of the Company)
2. Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European language is considered an advantagethat might influence the selection for this position.
3.Extensive experience with diverse Luxury/Premium hospitality venues in the dining operations;
• Previous experience in Start Ups/Pre-openings is an advantage;
• Excellent management and organizational skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
Certification (including visas etc.) as required by STCW 95 regarding certification for this position and all documents in force at the time of employment to comply with the Flag State requirements of the ship.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.