The Fireman is responsible for the constant fire surveillance of the ship and co-operates with the Chief Fireman for the maintenance and cleanliness of firefighting equipment.
• By mutual arrangement with the Safety Officer, the fireman must be on board the vessel at any time the Chief Fireman is absent from the ship, minimum safe manning must be granted on board while the vessel is in port;
• Follow the daily instructions of the Safety Officer concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance of fire fighting equipment and structural devices;
• Perform all duties in accordance with acceptable standards avoiding wastage of materials;
• Work in co-operation preparing all means of access on board (ladders, gangways, etc.) respecting all injury prevention rules related to them.
• Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English;
• Ability to speak, read and write in other major European languages is an advantage.
Possess a valid passport seaman book and Advance Firefihting Course
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.