JOB NUMBER: JB02472
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV03280
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: Environmental Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Butcher to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Butcher is to assist the Head Butcher to handle all raw meat preparations, which includes, but is not limited to the ownership and follow-up of the portion control, thawing control, ordering, and proper stock rotation.
• Have full knowledge of the equipment and machinery installed in the garbage room.
• When permitted and advised by the Environmental Officer give instructions and lead the Waste Operators activities and/or perform the discharge at sea of the comminuted permitted (and only) food waste (if applicable).
• Ensure the recovery and storage of the incinerator ash from the incinerator.
• Crush glass bottles and other glass (or similar) permitted waste material.
• Sort and compact the aluminum. Storing this material in permitted areas (not in bin or trolley-wash areas).
• Perform the waste separation according with the instruction of the garbage.
• Must ensure that all the operations are carried out with respect of the ship’s safety.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.