The Pest Controller detects, eliminates and controls the infestation of insects (crawling, flying, hiding), and vermin throughout the vessel. Monitors and records the Integrated Pest Management system for Ship and Shore Management
The position of Pest Control Technician may be performed by more than one person on larger ships.
• The Pest Control Technician is functionally responsible to carry out the full duties defined in the Integrated Pest Management System as defined in detail in the MSC Standard Procedures Manual and the Vessel Sanitation Program (CDC-USPHS).
• Pest Control Technicians may be promoted to the position from any department, but for the handling of chemicals and Control Treatments, they are required to be certified as applicators of toxic and dangerous chemicals and are to report to the Staff Captain, who is responsible to supervise the keeping of treatment records.
• Fluent in oral and written English (working & Safety language of the Company)
• Ability to speak, read and write in Italian is a major benefit and may be a requirement.
• Ability to speak, read and write in any major other languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Chinese etc.) is considered a major advantage that could eventually influence the selection for some positions.
To satisfy the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the Ship regarding health and physical requirements, and to have current documentation to certify that all medical requirements relating to this position are met according to the specific requirements of the job.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.