JOB NUMBER: JB03120
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV03550
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Sr. Executive Chef
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Event Chef to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. The primary responsibility of the Event Chef is to plan and conduct the F&B Initiatives experience onboard the vessels.
• Conduct all the relevant event programs based on the journeys.
• Train the culinary personnel to execute the program in the absence of the guidance set by the Executive Chef.
• Coordinate with the onboard guest experiences to organize travel for shoreside team experiences.
• Coordinate with the onboard F&B Services to complement the culinary experience with pairings and revenue-generating.
• Coordinate with Sr. Executive Chef to schedule and promote all the relevant programs.
• Deliver all the relevant Culinary and Beverage revenue programs.
• Plan & execute the program agreed upon with the management highlighting food/beverage for that journey based on region & culture.
• Prepare and Manage the area ingredient list and requisitions on the system prior to approval.
• Responsible for the overall Public Health compliance on the area of responsibility.
• Responsible for the assigned area equipment, inventory and maintenance.
• Stimulate the initiatives and manage budgets as allocated for onboard and shoreside operations.
• Extensive experience in the culinary field of luxury hotels and cruise line brands.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as Lead Chef in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
• Excellent understanding of food specifications, including but not limited to US or EU product standards.
• Professional Hotel School with Certificate & Diploma, Culinary Art bachelor’s or master degree is preferred, HACCP or USPH certification.
• Fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of any other language among Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese is a plus;
• Safety-driven understands and respects rules. Proactive and accountable for his/her safety behavior promoting sustainability;
• Ability to work in a harmonious, productive team environment;
• Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Excellent management skills and problem solving;
• Excellent communication skills and stress tolerance.
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.