JOB NUMBER: JB03319
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV03804
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Deck
LINE MANAGER: Lead Doctor
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Lead Nurse to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys”. In accordance with the department policies and under the supervision of the Doctor and Lead Doctor, the Lead Nurse will provide leadership to the nurses, paramedics, to ensure customer focused, highly quality care is provided for all those attending the ship's medical centre.
1. Work with the Lead Doctor and shoreside medical operations to ensure that onboard clinical
governance processes regarding quality and safety of care are fully implemented.
2. Ensure all guests and crew who visit the medical centre are attended to in a timely manner and
treated with respect. The Lead Nurse must also ensure equality, privacy and dignity needs are
3. In consultation with the Lead Doctor, complete the appraisal process for nurses and paramedics
4. Manage the medication and supplies inventory and implement effective monitoring systems to
ensure safe dispensing and administration of drugs.
5. Ensure the safe and efficient management of medical equipment and supplies.
6. Ensure that the medical centre always remains a safe and clean environment for guests and crew
• At least 1-year performing & clinical interventions with PALS and ATLS;
• Holds a current Practicing Registration;
• 1 year's experience in maritime medicine;
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Life Support or an equivalent certification;
• Solid experience in advanced care medical equipment e.g.: defibrillators, ventilators, patient monitors, sterilizers, etc;
• Ability to perform electrocardiograms with basic interpretation;
• Fully competent and able to perform procedures such as administering drugs, phlebotomy, venipuncture, wound treatment, etc;
• Fundamental knowledge of all Sanitation Standards relating to medical requirements;
• Sound knowledge of responsibilities in relation to food, water and air safety;
Possess a valid passport and STCW'95 Certificate as per flag state requirements.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.