JOB NUMBER: JB03184
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV03811
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Hotel
LINE MANAGER: Sr. People Exp Lead, Master & General Manager
People Experience Manager acts as a Human Resources Business Partner to the Ship and its leaders. As part of People Department, People Experience Manager does not belong to any of the three divisions (Hotel, Deck & Engine).
· Sets and follows high-standard service culture for People Department.
· Provides support and guidance to the People Team and accepts any escalations of matters related to People Department.
· Supports shipboard training initiatives and participates in trainings as needed.
· Supports shoreside customs/immigration requirements and assists People Services Team with facilitating these processes.
· Ensures smooth and organized process of Host Movement Operations and participates in those to assist People Team if needed.
· Consults with the Ship’s Staff Captain for any serious violations of the Code of Conduct and Chief Security as needed.
· Partners up with the Master and Staff Captain to determine any time restrictions during the overnight calls of the ship.
· Attends Master’s Hearings and consults meeting participants on outcomes, while also participating in the voting process.
· Provides general advice on People function to all Hosts, regardless of their rank.
· Monitors and is ultimately responsible for managing Employee Relations, Conflict Resolution between Hosts, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Career Progression Planning, Host Movement.
· Ensures compliance of Collective Bargaining Agreement and it is up to date display in the Host spaces as required.
· Ensures that MLC Board is up to date in the required area of Host Spaces and is visible to all Hosts.Carries ultimate responsibility of Host Lifestyle Program implementation by working closely with the initiator - People Experience Lead.
· Responsible for Host well-being, comfort, and engagement together with the rest of the People Department.
· Manages Family Sailing Program onboard for all Hosts.
· Manages Cross Training Program onboard for all Hosts.
· Manages Host Excellence Award Program.Manages #OSOM Program.
· Manages and approves Compassionate Leave, Resignations, Temporary Leave processes onboard.
· Approves Couple’s Cabin Requests.
· Conducts regular spot checks to ensure that food in the Host Dining Venue is up to standard and menu on rotation is being followed.
· Attends all required meetings & trainings, as necessary.
· Supports the Master in communicating company initiatives and strategic objectives of Explora Journeys to all Hosts onboard.
· Oversees Time & Attendance function for People Department and follows up for any non-compliance.
· Partners up with Hosts and shoreside for any People related investigations (non-security) such as: Harassment, discrimination, retaliation, abuse of power, performance management issues, etc. Depending on the case, all findings are presented either to the Staff Captain & the Master, or to the Senior People Experience Lead – New Builds.
· Coaches ship’s management team on preparing fair and consistent Performance Reviews.
· Ensures that all Performance Management related concerns are addressed in a timely manner; all performance reviews are done in a fair manner and all disciplinary action requests have a strong base and are fair.
· Ensures departmental schedule is posted in People offices. Communicates the same to all other department heads.
· Supports Security Department with any Host investigations when those involve People’s function, e.g., drug/alcohol abuse, theft, violence, abuse, etc.
· Schedules daily Host hours when Hosts can see the People Experience Manager in his/her office. Any requests for changing preset hours should be submitted to Senior People Experience Lead – New Builds with strong reasons to it and a substitute time to compensate (if hours are suggested to be shortened).
· Assists Union Representatives with setting up meeting venues with Hosts when those are required.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a People/HR Manager/Director or equivalent experience
· Previous experience onboard international cruise ships.
· Extensive experience with diverse Luxury/Premiumhospitality.
· Previous experience in StartUps/Pre-openings is an advantage.
· Proficient in English. Any additional languages, particularly European languages is considered anadvantage.
· Computer literacy and ability to operate office equipment
Valid Passport & Seaman's Book (if available)
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.