JOB NUMBER: JB03343
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV03838
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Chief Information Officer
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Head of IT Reservation and Inventory Platforms will manage IT services for all reservation and inventory management functions (Setup, Inventory Management, Itinerary Planning, Flight Management, Tour Operating, etc.). The jobholder will establish and maintain relationships with all relevant business stakeholders, and drive both the definition of IT Strategy and Solution Delivery of all related IT Platforms, in line with the guidelines provided by the CIO.
• Works with the CIO to build an evolution strategy of the domain according to the business strategy of the company;
• Ensures constant alignment between Business Functions supported and IT Departments at all hierarchy levels, and guarantees a high level of internal customer satisfaction for the provision of IT services;
• Manages a comprehensive IT portfolio for the domain, organizing and developing teams;
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the product/service structure and all business-related aspects, with exceptional relationship management skills;
• Actively collects Business Requirements and supports Business Initiatives scope definition;
• Drives the definition of an evolutionary roadmap for Reservation and Inventory IT services;
• Promotes innovation for a cross-functional domain by closely monitoring technology trends and understanding their impact on business processes;
• Ensures Solution Delivery through effective release management strategy;
• Leads Platform and Vendor evaluation and selection;
• Directs Vendor Engagement, ensuring effective negotiation in conjunction with other internal stakeholders (legal, procurement, Business Stakeholders);
• Manages a diverse team with both technical and functional skills at different levels of seniority.
• Fluent in English, both oral and written; proficiency in any other European language is considered an advantage;
• Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, or another technical field;
• Minimum 10-15 years of working experience in primary consulting firms and/or large multinational corporations;
• Proven team and budget management skills;
• Significant experience in driving complex transformational programs with a focus on reservation systems and related technologies;
• Strong functional background covering most relevant inventory and setup processes, preferably matured in similar positions;
• Solid experience in project management methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum;
• Familiarity with API, microservices, and cloud technologies to facilitate digital transformation;
• Effective communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills, capable of building relationships across the organization and with external stakeholders;
• Analytical and problem-solving mindset, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
Right to work in Switzerland.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.