JOB NUMBER: JB02062
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV03956
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Chief Carpenter
To ensure the maintenance and conservation of the vessel’s upholstery, carpets, wallpapers, and other related elements.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of furniture of guests and crew accommodations, not limited to public areas, bars, theatre, lounges, restaurants, bars, and all other venues throughout the ship.
• Responsible for upholstery equipment, inventory, and consumables.
• Assists guests with repairing broken luggage, bags, shoes etc. as required by the Guest Services Manager
• Participates in safety drills and responds to any emergency that requires participation.
• Wear the prescribed uniform, protective clothes, badge, and insignia.
• Follow health and safety regulations.
• Comply with the port minimum safe manning, to ensure that the ship safety and security is sufficiently, effectively, and efficiently manned.
• Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English. Proficiency in other language(s) is a plus.
• Aptitude for basic mathematics in calculating proportions, ratios, and measurements.
• Knowledge of materials, and the tools involved in construction or repair.
• Excellent Knowledge in sewing, carpeting, wallpapering, textiles, and other related topics.
• Excellent attention to detail, practical and problem-solving skills.
• Relevant knowledge in carpentry.
• Ability to perform finishing upholstery with acceptable quality standards while producing the least possible waste of material. Experience
• Minimum of three years professional experience as a skilled tailor/upholsterer
• Flexibility and open-mindedness to be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.