JOB NUMBER: JB03488
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04068
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Head of Shore Excursions
The Shore Excursions Operations Senior Manager is responsible for supervising MSC product development process and operations. Among his/her tasks, the Shore Excursions Operations Senior Manager oversees strategic planning and bidding for the appointment of tour operators, operational delivery quality in the ports of call, ensuring that the rest of the team performs in the geographical areas of competence for their assigned goals. As responsible of the MSC Product development and Corporate Shore Excursions Manager teams, this role involves developing and implementing strategies, products, and onboard operations that enhance the guest experience, improve efficiency, and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
Product Management & Development
- Supervising the procurement via periodical bids to determine the local Operators with the best cost-effectiveness and highest quality standards in coordination with Shore Excursions Product development teams.
- Monitoring the performance of Shore excursions in delivering the best customer experience.
- Cooperating with Business Analyst and Corporate Tour Managers team to determine optimal selling prices and ensure cost containment to meet budgeted revenue targets by developing a year over year analysis containing pricing, tour mix, inventory, and historical sales.
- Ensuring that the shore excursions programs are in line with company requirements and track results together with Shore excursions Customer experience Manager. Review and investigate root cause of high priority problem issues; implement processes to reduce the risk of similar issues in the future and to ensure a continuous improvement.
- Leading the operational process between the various shoreside and onboard teams.
- In contact with ships and operators, in coordination with Corporate Tour Managers & Operational offices to solve operational issues, including but not limited to guest accidents, guest service issues, last-minute program revision, cancellation or change in port of call.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience as well as cruise management is a must.
- English fluent, written and spoken. Ability to speak additional languages such as Italian, Spanish, French or German is an advantage.
- Effective management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
- Advanced computer software skills required including Microsoft Office tools
- This position involves 30% travel time.
Right to work in Switzerland
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.