JOB NUMBER: JB03628
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04267
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Head of Global Media Relations & Brand PR
Based in the Company’s headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the Global Media Relations Senior Manager will support with management of the global communications network and the delivery of the global media relations PR strategy, working in close collaboration with the key HQ functions such as Corporate Communications, Brand PR and Employee Engagement.
Reporting into the Head of Global Media Relations & Brand PR, this is a key role within the global media relations team, helping to lead our efforts across more than 20 countries worldwide working to support the in-country PR teams.
We are looking for a passionate media relations professional who has expertise working with international media as part of a global communications network.
The successful candidate is someone who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced international organisation.
· Help to lead the development and delivery of the global media relations strategy working in close collaboration with the Brand PR team and other global functions;
· Support the management of the global communications network with responsibility for key markets
· Coordinate the efforts of the in-country PR teams and ensure alignment between global and local communications initiatives;
· Support sharing of best practices across the communications network and help to foster collaborative global ways of working;
· Ensure the timely delivery of press releases with subsequent monitoring and reporting of results;
· Assist with issues & crisis management with in-country PR managers helping to liaise with Corporate Communications and other functions to provide statements and information;
· Work closely with the Brand PR team to ensure appropriate sharing and deployment of media assets;
· Coordinate interviews with top tier
· Support with the planning, delivery and logistics of press trips and media events;
· Attend and manage global press trips and TV shoots;
· Native-level English with French or another European language an advantage;
· BA degree required, MA level an advantage;
· At least 8+ years of relevant media relations experience either in an agency or in-house working either at a European or global level;
· A good understanding of the nuances of media in different countries;
· Experience in the travel or hospitality sector is an advantage;
· Independent, self-starter, action and result oriented media relations professional;
· First-class written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills;
· Solutions-oriented approach to tasks with the ability to use initiative to problem-solve;
· Keen attention to detail with a critical thinking mindset;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly of PowerPoint and Excel – experience with design software an advantage;
· This role includes frequent travel for events and press trips
EU-Passport / Right to work in Switzerland
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.