JOB NUMBER: JB01015
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04269
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Chief Communications Officer
The Senior Trade Media Relations Manager is a newly-created role based out of the Company’s global headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, within a recently constituted central global Communications function. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and will lead strategic planning and execution of travel and industry media coverage regarding MSC Cruises. This is a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated senior media relations professional to make a real impact on the Company’s overall communications framework at a critical juncture for an ambitious, fast-growing global business.
• Develops global strategic media relations plans across travel as well as industry trade media, leads execution across globally relevant outlets to ensure ongoing sustained coverage;
• Strengthens, nurtures and further develops relationships with key global and in-market travel trade and industry trade outlets;
• Works closely with local PR teams across key markets to develop locally-relevant plan, supports and ensures delivery against it;
• Identifies relevant KPI’s, measures results against them and builds dedicated internal central reporting regarding global and local activities and results;
• Works closely with the Chairman, CEO and the rest of the Senior Executive team, especially within Commercial, both at headquarters and across global markets, on key messaging points and delivery for travel and industry trade media and other related executive positioning opportunities;
• Develops communications messaging platforms and works with internal and external teams across a multi-cultural organisation to develop product and reputation-strengthening story angles, dedicated tools as well as ad hoc campaigns;
• Reaches out to key journalists, alongside in-market globally based PR teams and agencies, to pitch and cultivate story developments as well as ongoing sustained coverage;
• Writes and edits press releases, talking points, presentations, scripts, briefing sheets and other materials, including speeches for senior management;
• Develops other ad-hoc tools and dedicated content;
• Works side-by-side with corporate, business and consumer media relations as well as employee engagement functions to ensure full alignment across all channels;
• Also partners with Corporate Sustainability as well as Public and Maritime Affairs functions, to ensure support through ongoing dedicated travel and industry trade media relations activities;
• The position will have a significant travel component.
• Native-level English. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage;
• Confident, proactive and results-driven communications professional with at least 10+ years’ experience either as a specialized senior cruising reporter/editor or as a senior media relations professional with a focus on the travel trade as well as the cruising industry.
• A strong track record as well as an impeccable reputation amongst peers;
• Effective in both formal and informal settings with media, senior executives, peers and business partners;
• Highly-motivated and committed, flexible, able to roll up her/his sleeves, with an unshakeable can-do attitude;
• Proactive, self-starter, action and results oriented professional;
• Strong relationships management and excellent, proven travel and industry media relations skills;•Exceptional project management skills.
Right to work in Switzerland
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.