JOB NUMBER: JB03653
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04312
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Chief Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chief Refrigeration Technician to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” and assure the safe and efficient control and maintenance of the ship’s air conditioning system, the Provisions area refrigeration units and all refrigerators on board.
• Keeping the Chief Engineer fully informed, the Chief Refrigeration Technician is to consult daily with the Staff Engineer concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the Air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
• To stand by during the night in case of emergency or immediate intervention on the air conditioning or refrigeration plants.
• If necessary, to replace the assigned assistant for a night’s standby duty.
• To coordinate the daily work of the Refrigeration team, taking instructions from the Chief Engineer, Staff Engineer or Hotel Engineer.
• To check periodically to ensure that all provision rooms and Air-conditioning substations are at the correct set point, updating the relevant daily logs, reporting immediately to the Chief Engineer or his delegate in case of problems or faults in the system.
• To coordinate the daily maintenance with the Refrigeration team concerning Guest and Crew cabins, fan rooms, AC filters and other refrigerators in accordance with the Hotel Engineer or his person delegated by the Chief Engineer.
• To assign maintenance and repair duties to assistant personnel and actively supervise in any overhaul and repair work.
• Inspect all related work in progress, and on completion, assure that manpower is utilized to the fullest extent, that work is executed properly in accordance with acceptable standards and that no wastage of materials occurs.
• Prepare requisitions for stores and spare parts, submitting them to the Staff Engineer for approval by the Chief Engineer.
• Maintain an approved inventory of materials on hand and on order; receiving and signing for materials, ensuring they are properly labeled, preserved, stowed and secured to avoid loss from damage or deterioration.
• Control the issue and use of materials to prevent waste.
• Always operate with the full consideration for the comfort and safety of Guests.
• Extensive, successful experience in a similar position on Cruise line.
• Fluent in oral and written English (working & Safety language of the Company). Ability to speak any other language is a plus.
• High School diploma.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Chief Refrigeration Technician may be regularly required to stand walk, use hands to touch, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
• Chief Refrigeration Technician must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.