JOB NUMBER: JB03736
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04444
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Senior Vice President, Onboard Revenue
The Head of Retail is directly responsible for leading our global Travel Retail Operation, and creating the Best Cruise Retail experience. By developing exciting strategies & new concepts for our worldwide fleet(s) of vessels - including the two distinct cruise brands of MSC Cruises & Explora Journeys - the ultimate goal for the role will be to ensure continuously increasing revenue, and the highest level of guest experience / satisfaction for our 130+ storefronts globally.
The aim of the Retail Division is to maximize the economic return for MSC’s cruise brands, defining and delivering a best-in-class retail offering which caters to our ever-evolving, international clientele, ; and to offer a wide-ranging and enjoyable shopping experience for both guests and crew.
The Retail Department, is organized into:
• Planning & Logistics
• Multiple Category Management Teams: responsible for Cosmetics, Tobacco, Fashion Watches, Fashion Jewelry, Food, Drinks, Sunglasses, Sundries, Leisure, Electronics, Leather, Luxury accessories, Boutique Apparel, and Logo and Destination Souvenirs
• Drive MSC’s overall Retail Strategy, including definition of new Retail stores on new-builds (future vessels), new brands, new experiences, incentive plans and initiatives to drive sales performance and reach revenue targets;
• Define cutting edge Retail concepts, brands and experiences for evaluation and integration into MSC;
• Work with SVP of Onboard Revenue and Newbuild Design teams to define and design new retail stores onboard;
• Build Annual Budgets and Quarterly forecasts (including Operating Costs, Revenues, SG&A, New Projects, etc.) to accurately project financial goals for the division, present material to senior management for review and approval;
• Review performance of shops on-board daily, and regularly introduce strategic and tactical solutions to ensure financial targets are achieved,
• Verify that category, product and brand mix follows a sound long-term strategy across each of MSC’s core geographical areas and markets, ensure that the product offering is in accordance with MSC image and in line with our sustainability goals where possible;
• Optimize retail processes on-board and bring innovative solutions in order to improve customer satisfaction, monitor customer satisfaction reports in order to continually improve quality of service;.
• Implement changes to streamline processes, reduce costs, minimize losses / spoilage, and improve accountability;
• Constantly propose innovative opportunities: e.g. new selling techniques, new products, new initiatives, cross-promotions, new brands, new technologies which facilitate better retail store design / performance, etc.;
• Personally manage key relationships with suppliers in order to ensure optimum collaboration. Maintain relations with division’s main commercial partners. Sponsor and promote joint commercial actions and investments and co-branding initiatives;
• Work with Logistics teams globally to ensure retail shipments are properly orchestrated and received onboard in a timely manner;
• Define purchasing guidelines and negotiate / approve main agreements;
• Manage the Retail Division team members (shoreside and shipboard globally) in order to enhance performance, ensure team engagement, and to build a foundation of strong succession planning. Lead & coach direct reports and actively supports their development;
• Set clear and achievable objectives for each Retail Category / Vessel.
• University Degree preferred in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, or Procurement;
• 10 years+ experience in International Travel Retail, 5 years+ in Management role;
• Fluent in English, any other European language is an advantage;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of how to utilize common Business Intelligence systems & reporting is an advantage;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Proficient in problem-solving, with proven ability to pivot quickly / as the business dictates;
• Team builder; strong leader capable of inspiring team members and harnessing collaboration;
• Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
EU-Passport / Right to work in Switzerland
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.