JOB NUMBER: JB03750
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04457
ORGANIZATION: Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Ocean Cay Doctor
Is responsible for triaging emergencies, responding to the scene of medical incidents, and providing immediate care whenever needed.
• Answers emergency calls promptly and appropriately.
• Responds to the scene of all emergencies expediently and in accordance with current policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Dynamically assesses and manages the incident scene, ensuring safety until a team leader is established.
• Performs prompt and effective first response, triage, stabilization, optimal patient package and transfer as required.
• Expediently performs appropriate triage during routine and emergent visits to the medical centre.
• Performs first line investigations and delivers immediate treatments as appropriate.
• Escalates patient cases of concern to the Doctor as required.
• Operates within company protocols, recognizing the limits of his or her own abilities and initiating measures to augment the emergency response when appropriate.
• Provides high-level, evidence-based patient care in accordance with current guidelines and doctor’s orders.
• Competently administers and dispenses medication, always ensuring clinical safety and compliance with medicines management practices.
• Records patient care documentation that is concise, timely, and complete.
• Is knowledgeable of all patient care equipment, utilizing it safely and appropriately.
• Listens attentively, is respectful and considerate, and uses non-technical language when communicating with patients and their families.
• Recognizes and demonstrates the importance of equality, diversity, and inclusion in all interactions.
• Actively participates in departmental and other appropriate meetings.
• Actively participates in professional development and competency programs, analyses own learning needs, and uses information technology to aid self-learning.
• Develops a personal learning plan and maintains a professional development record.
• Participates in regular appraisal.
• Regularly participates in teaching and training of non-medical staff as needed.
• Actively participates in the delivery of preventative health programs.
• Assists the Doctor in maintaining pharmacy stock and supply inventory control.
Safety and Compliance:
• Always complies with relevant governmental regulations, Company policies and procedures.
• Participates as needed in the maintenance and repair of medical equipment.
• Adheres to the guidelines, policies, and principles of his or her applicable professional registration body.
• Complies with all patient safety conventions, including infection control
Educated to diploma level in Paramedicine or equivalent experience
ALS/ACLS provider, holding certification and with experience in practice
Minimum C1 English, both conversational and technical
Experience in dealing with a diverse range of people in a customer/patient environment
2 years post registration experience in clinical practice
Up-to-date continuing professional development portfolio
Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, experience and accountability
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
PALS/APLS or equivalent
ATLS/ITLS or equivalent
Educated to degree level in Paramedicine
Experience of supervision and mentorship of a range of staff in a relevant clinical setting
Experience using electronic health records
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.