Following the Company guidelines, the buyer ensures the satisfactory completion of meat purchasing agreements and assists the Purchasing Manager in ensuring the best combination of quality, price and delivery Ratio. In line with company targets, the buyer supports the Purchasing Manager in suppliers’ selection and negotiation, products sourcing and contract awarding activities.
- Identifies and evaluates suppliers – communicates with them in order to achieve the best market’s conditions
- Negotiates a wide range of products worldwide, verifying delivery conditions with Logistics department
- Pro – actively keeps up to date with all market trends and actively uses market research to strategically plan future purchases
- Pro – actively manages and builds appropriate relationships with suppliers
- Verifies that standard documents and suppliers’ profiles are up to date, ensuring they are consistent with the latest Company guidelines
- Manages products quality discrepancies, verifying them and soliciting feedback from suppliers
- Prepares reports and maintain accurate records
- Liaises with Product & Project department for special products purchases
- Sources products according to Corporate Chefs instructions and supports them during products tests and suppliers’ visits in Italy and abroad
- Communicates with the Accounting department for the resolution of invoice queries/anomalies, by confirming contract prices and ensuring suppliers are charging correctly
- Supports Supply Chain team in solving sourcing issues
- Proactively works with Logistics and Warehouse, coordinating delivery operations to the vessels.
- Comprehensive understanding of purchase process developed through previous 5 years of experience in a similar purchasing role
- Good knowledge of meat products, HACCP along with market trends
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret quotation data and logistics options
- Knowledge of business operating systems/platforms
- Good communication and negotiations skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- Fluent English, any additional language is an advantage.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.