To perform and organize the maintenance and repairs for either the engine room or hotel areas depending on which area is assigned to them. The 2nd Electro-Technical officer reports directly to the 1stElectro-Technical Officer on all issues pertaining to the specific area designated to them. The 2nd Electro- Technical Officer will manage the Electrical fitters and Assistant Electrical Fitters that are assigned to their area, being available to assist with any issues as and when requested/Required." />
JOB NUMBER: JB03761
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04469
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: 1st Electro Technical Officer, Chief Electro Techn
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chief Electro- Technical Officer to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” and assure the safe and efficient control and maintenance of the ship’s.
To perform and organize the maintenance and repairs for either the engine room or hotel areas depending on which area is assigned to them. The 2nd Electro-Technical officer reports directly to the 1stElectro-Technical Officer on all issues pertaining to the specific area designated to them. The 2nd Electro- Technical Officer will manage the Electrical fitters and Assistant Electrical Fitters that are assigned to their area, being available to assist with any issues as and when requested/Required.
· Consults on a regular basis with the 1st Electro-Technical Officer concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the electrical equipment, consistently monitors, controls and troubleshoots all electrical equipment and systems machinery equipment as directed by the First Electro-Technical Officer. Immediately reports all electrical equipment damage or malfunction to the First Electro-Technical Officer, assign daily maintenance and repair duties to junior members of the electrical department and actively supervise team members in the performing of these duties.
The 2nd Electro- Technical Officer is responsible for there pairs and maintenance of the following systems:
a) Main Engines - To include routine safety shutdown tests
b) Safety Systems - To include Fire detection, ESD, WTD, lifeboats etc
c) Elevators - Including weekly safety checks
d) Engine auxiliary systems - Including Purifiers, Temperature control valves etc.
e) Engine room general systems - To include Waste Water Treatmens systems, Evaporators etc.
f) General Hotel systems – To include automatic doors
g) Passenger/crew accommodation – Including cabin automation
h) Bridge Systems – As directed and in collaboration with the 1st Electro-Technical Officer
· Oversees the safe operation of all Electro-Technical machinery at all times.
· Verifies that all Electro-Technical aspects of port health authority requirements, policies and guidelines are met at all times.
· Always performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, Company Regulations, and other internal, external, and governmental regulations as directed.
· Be responsible for the concise and accurate completion of work permits and risk assessment which cover work to be performed by the electrical team.
· Certificate of Competence III/6 ETO.
· Satisfy the requirements regarding health and physical requirements of the Flag State of the Ship
· Good supervisory skills allowing to manage workload and priorities.
· Straightforward problem solving and collaborative teamwork mind.
· Ability to work under sustained pressure and know how to manage crisis when unexpected event occurs.
· A good standard of interpersonal and public relations with Guests at all levels.
· All other certification (including visas etc.) required including Compliance with the requirements of STCW 95 regarding certification for this position and all documents in force at the time of his employment to comply with the Flag State requirements of the ship to which he is assigned.
· He/she must be in possession of a valid Panama Seamen Book.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.