The Safety Engineer is in charge of the safe and efficient operation and the upkeep of all assigned Safety equipment not limited to the Technical spaces and he/she is required to relieve Daily Engineer Officer or to perform Engine Watchkeeping duties.
The Safety Engineer is responsible for the planned and unplanned maintenance of the assets assigned, under Chief Engineer’s delegation.
• The Chief Engineer delegates the Safety Engineer for the upkeep of the Safety equipment, not limited to Technical spaces and the planned and unplanned maintenance of the assets, as per relative delegations.
• To plan, coordinate and execute the safe and efficient progress of all assigned planned and unplanned work while assuring that the workforce is utilised to the fullest extent and that no waste of resources may occur.
• If required to cover watch keeping duties, the Safety Engineer has to comply with the Company’s instructions and to control the proper disposal of all waste, rags etc. to avoid fire and other hazards.
• To ensures that a thorough routine of inspections is in place and that the correct maintenance logs and relevant operational risks are accurately and timely reported as per Company’s instructions.
• To train his/her Teams in order to familiarise, promulgate and follow safe working practices and to ensure that each Team member fully follows Company’s instructions and work steps and that every task is completed safely and efficiently.
• To proactively consider, plan and operate in a way that full consideration to the satisfaction of our Guests and the welfare of our Crew is given in every planned and unplanned task undertaken.
•To maintain discretion over the issue of replenishment and the use of stocks and consumables in order to maintain accurate inventory and to maximise the assigned budgets.
• To assist in coordinate, load and move bunkers,chemicals and stocks on board.
The Safety Engineer has to be able to coach, mentor, lead and promote safeworking, ERM and SMS practices to the Watchkeeping Team and assigned ratings.
Computer literacy and ability to operate office equipment. Basic Windows based programs knowledge
• Extensive experience with diverse Luxury/Premium hospitality venues in the dining operations.
• Previous experience in StartUps/Pre-openings is an advantage
• Excellent management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
• Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
Certification (including visas etc.) as required by STCW 95 regarding certification for this position and all documents in force at the time of employment to comply with the Flag State requirements of the ship
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.