JOB NUMBER: JB03778
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04489
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruise Management UK Ltd
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: VP Environmental Operations & Compliance
As a member of the Environmental Operations & Compliance Department, the Head of Fleet Environmental Operations manages all operational environmental activities of the fleet ensuring operational excellence and adherence to all applicable environmental rules and regulations and Company Policy.
• Planning and management of logistics and waste disposal activities, ensuring the full compliance with all applicable regulations and Company policies.
• Monitors vessels’ activities on a daily basis in order to ensure their compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and company policies. Drives operational fleet activities through daily communication with the ship command and onboard officers.
• Assist in the administration of the ISO 14001, and ISO 21070 as required. Assist with the ISO 22000 in reference to the standard sections related to environmental program processes.
• Managing the administrative and operational environmental activities with Port Agencies and stakeholders, developing strategies and programs.
• Administers the Carbon emissions reporting schemes as appropriate.
• Dealing with all shoreside MSC Cruises Departments and relevant stakeholders in order to communicate effectively and produces documentation at all levels.
• Coordination of shipside activities, ensuring appropriate documentation, related to CLIA, Port Authorities and other stakeholders.
• Dealing with environmental services vendors and Agencies in order to ensure the ships’ environmental compliance, negotiating costs/rebates and provides support for any relevant financial matters.
• Reviews and ensures the correct application of procedures, Manuals, Record Books, and all applicable environmental related documentation.
• In coordination with the Environmental Operations Managers, updates and checks environmental legislation, and national and international rules regarding all environmental matters.
• Coordinates with the EHS Officer Ocean Cay for the island waste management program and interface between vessels and island.
• Analyse new business opportunities in order to optimize the full waste management and water supply process for the fleet, including the new building projects.
• In cooperation with the Environmental Operations Managers, analyses costs and environmental performances, and cooperates with Port Operations in the development of programs in the environmental related area.
• Cooperates in all Environmental Department projects and with all multidisciplinary projects involving different MSC Cruises Departments
• Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of Italian and other major European languages is an advantage.
• Environmental science university studies preferred.
• Post-graduate specific studies in the area of interest preferred
• A wide knowledge of the Cruise/Maritime industry.
• Experience onboard cruise ships as either Environmental Officer, Deck Officer, or Engineer Officer preferred.
• Previous working experience in the technical environmental area
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other company specific operating platforms and databases.
• Able to manage communication at all levels.
• Proven ability to lead, and contribute to a harmonious and productive team environment.
• Ability to understand and interpret various complex regulations and environmental matters.
• Ability to understand and interpret various financial matters affecting the Department
• Ability to work in a multicultural and international working environment
• Ability to perform under pressure
Right to work in the UK, and travel without restrictions.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.