In line with the department policies and company sales targets, the Shore Excursion Manager is responsible to generate the highest possible revenue from the sales of shore excursions in every port of call, while delivering optimum customer service.
• Drives the shore excursions team in the delivery of high standards of service are delivered in regards to excursions’ bookings and sales, private shore activities and disembarkation arrangements;
• Drives the Shore Excursions Team in the achievement of sales targets;
• Provides guests with ports and tours information;
• Ensures implementations of Standard Procedure Manual with regards to shore excursions activities;
• Handles guests’ complaints and queries;
• Manages, trains, and develops the shore excursions team.
• Fluent English, oral and written and 3 additional European languages are required (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate;
• At least 3 years’ experience in the same role in the cruise industry;
• Experience in complaints management and selling techniques;
• Excellent communication and team management skills;
• Current and accurate knowledge of history, culture, geography, and excursions operations of ports of call;
• Computer Literacy, knowledge of Publisher and Fidelio is an advantage;
• STCW95 trainings are compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.