Do you have a sweet tooth and you are enthusiastic about life on board of Cruises?
Under the responsibility of Executive Chef, Our Executive Pastry Chef supervises and trains the Pastry and Bakery teams to deliver excellent products to guests and crew in all food outlet!
• Ensures compliance with Company Standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control to deliver the highest quality and product;
• Ensures optimum daily delivery of pastry and bakery products;
• Maintains the highest standard of sanitation;
• Organizes daily working schedule for the Pastry and Bakery teams;
• Prepares and regularly reviews the inventory of the small equipment in use;
• Ensures that heavy equipment is maintained in good condition and trains the crew for a correct usage;
• Exemplary Leadership in this department.
• Fluent English. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Pastry Diploma / certificate and diploma in food safety/HACCP;
•Computer literate with MS Office applications;
• Extensive knowledge of Pastry techniques and raw materials;
• Good knowledge of ice-cream preparation, international desserts, chocolate and sugar;
• Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards;
• Preferable minimum 5 years experienced in a similar position with high volume/fine dining operation and in managing F&B personnel;
• Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining personnel;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
Passport (with a validity of more than 1 year)
Preferable Ship experience
Industrial work environment
Valid C1D would be preferred
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.