JOB NUMBER: JB03830
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04579
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruises S.A.
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: VP Global Construction
Based in Geneva and reporting to the VP Global Constructions, the Asset Development & Construction Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of development & construction of new MSC Cruises Terminals. He/she will follow and drive all aspects of planning, designing, construction, commissioning, development and improvement of new terminals and destinations from project conceptualization through completion.
• Cost Estimating and Budget Development - collaborate with Finance, Legal and other Departments to deliver feasibility studies, draft terms of reference, prepare budgets and cost estimates, and/or manage and oversee all cost estimating and budgeting for new construction and development projects, including soft costs, hard costs, and other development related expenses;
• Project Scheduling - establish and manage project schedule including pre-construction and construction phases;
• Procurement of consultants - (architect, engineers and other consultants as needed) and general contractors and/or construction managers as needed for new construction, maintenance, and development projects. Includes pre-qualification, preparation of RFP’s, soliciting and assessment of proposals, and oversight of contract preparation; experience in tender development is a plus
• Manage consultants, general contractors and/or construction managers throughout the project in accordance with the project’s schedule and cost objectives;
• Manage costs against budget, provide updates and forecasts as needed including any change orders which may be required;
• Risk identification and implementation of mitigation plans;
• Insure execution of strategic critical projects and tasks.
• Master’s degree in civil engineering or similar education
• Highly motivated and deadline driven, project management skills
• 10+ years’ experience in construction management (airports, commercial real estate, cruise terminals, hotels, mixed use facilities)
• Solid experience in the management of multiple international construction projects, within a contractor organization or as owner representative
• Broad international experience in developments, from inception to delivery
• Experience in port infrastructure construction (breakwaters, quays walls, dredging, etc.) is a plus
• Proven ability to work independently and to identify the projects resources
• Proven leadership within teams external to MSC’s organization (i.e. consultants)
• Self-starter who can implement processes and drive accountability for the department
• Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in different locations
• Attention to detail and ability to work consistently and accurately
• Customer service skills with effective collaboration and follow up
•Team player with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Fluent English, Spanish is a plus
• Knowledge of any additional language is an advantage
• Ability to multitask and flexibility to change of strategy
• Willingness to take the initiative
• Medium-high capability to work under pressure
The position will require regular visits to construction sites to monitor progress.
EU-Passport / Right to work in Switzerland
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.