JOB NUMBER: JB03854
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04614
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruise Management UK Ltd
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: Vice President Environmental Operations
As a member of the Environmental Operations & Compliance Department, the Head of Environmental Systems manages all compliance training and audit environmental activities of the fleet ensuring operational excellence and adherence to all applicable environmental rules and regulations and Company Policy.
• Administrate ISO 14001, and ISO 21070 and assist in the administration of the ISO 9001, ISO 50001 and ISO 22000 in reference to the standard sections related to environmental program processes.
• Planning and management of internal environmental audits, ensuring the full compliance with all applicable regulations and Company policies.
• Monitors vessels’ activities daily to ensure their compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and company policies. Drives operational fleet activities through daily communication with the ship command and onboard officers.
• Liaise with Port Agencies and stakeholders, developing strategies and programs.
• Coordinates with Managers Environmental Operations & Head Fleet Environmental Operations for the administration of the various Carbon emissions reporting schemes as appropriate.
• Dealing with all shoreside MSC Cruises Departments and relevant stakeholders to communicate effectively and produces documentation at all levels.
• Coordination of shipside activities, ensuring appropriate documentation, related to CLIA, Port Authorities and other stakeholders.
• Administers the environmental training program for Environmental Compliance Officers and senior management, Coordinating closely with the Head of safety, D&E training and MSC Academy for the scheduling and curriculum of training activities.
• Reviews and ensures the correct application of procedures, Manuals, Record Books, and all applicable environmental related documentation.
• In coordination with the Environmental Operations Managers, updates and checks environmental legislation, and national and international rules regarding all environmental matters.
• Coordinates with the EHS Officer Ocean Cay for the island training program, internal audit, compliance, and reporting.
• In cooperation with the Environmental Operations Managers, analyses costs and environmental performances, and cooperates with Port Operations in the development of programs in the environmental related area.
• Cooperates in all Environmental Department projects and with all multidisciplinary projects involving different MSC Cruises Departments
• Experienced working in a similar shore based capacity within the cruise industry
• Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of Italian and other major European languages is an advantage.
• Environmental science university studies preferred.• Post-graduate specific studies in the area of interest preferred
• A wide knowledge of the Cruise/Maritime industry.
• Experience onboard cruise ships as either Environmental Officer, Deck Officer, or Engineer Officer preferred.
• Previous working experience in the technical environmental area
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other company specific operating platforms and databases.
• Able to manage communication at all levels.
• Proven ability to lead, and contribute to a harmonious and productive team environment.
• Ability to understand and interpret various complex regulations and environmental matters.
• Ability to understand and interpret various financial matters affecting the Department
• Ability to work in a multicultural and international working environment
• Ability to perform under pressure
Existing Right to work in the UK is preferred.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.