JOB NUMBER: JB03759
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04640
ORGANIZATION: MSC Malta Seafarers Co. Ltd (on board job)
BUSINESS AREA: Engine
LINE MANAGER: Chief Engineer Officer
An exciting opportunity exists for a world class Chief Electro- Technical Officer to join our newly created luxury travel brand “Explora Journeys” and assure the safe and efficient control and maintenance of the ship’s.
The Chief Electro- Technical Officer is the head of the Electro- Technical department. He reports directly to the Chief Engineer Officer. He is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all electrical systems on board the Vessel.
He is the High Voltage authorized person primarily responsible for the maintenance and fault finding on the ships critical systems including but not limited to:
Propulsion, automation, Electrical distribution system,Thrusters, Stabilizers and Navigation Equipment.
He is the first point of contact for any personnel issues within the department. He works closely with the Chief Engineer Officer to ensure that the ships electrical systems remain safe and fully operable at all times.
· In consultation with the Chief Engineer Officer, the Chief Electro- Technical officer will be personally responsible for the maintenance and repair of the following systems: Propulsion, Thrusters, Main HV switchboards and Ships Stabilizers.
· Consults on a regular basis with the Chief Engineer Officer concerning method sand procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the electrical equipment.
· Conducts regular meetings with the 1st Electro- Technical Officer to ensure that all repairs and maintenance are being conducted in a timely manner.
· To ensure each member of the team is aware that all work performed is done in such a manner in order to conform to all the applicable regulatory and safety standards.
· Ensures that all work is completed to such a standard as to reduce ,where possible, future failures, prepares spare parts requisitions, submitting them to the Engine/Technical Storekeeper for review/Processing.
· Oversees the inventory of materials on hand and on order; receiving and signing for materials, ensuring they are properly labeled, preserved, stowed and secured to avoid loss from damage or deterioration, ensure that all assigned maintenance and repairs are entered into Info SHIP detailing all repairs and parts used.
· Always operate with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests, coordinate with other department heads ensuring that their concerns are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Works Closely with the Facility manager in order to ensure all repair orders are completed in a timely manner
· Assist IT System Manager where required in order to execute cyber risk assessments and implement risk mitigation measures and treatment plans. Responsible for Incident Response and Management onboard on IT and IT systems. Responsible to inform the SSO of cyber incidents that may impact Safety.
· Communicates on a regular basis with the Electrical Engineering Manager in order to raise any concerns and discuss topics that may require shoreside intervention.
· Performs ERM duties as directed by the Chief Engineer Officer.
· Prepares detail sreport/assessments when requested by Electrical Engineering Manager.
Assists the Electrical Engineering manager in all aspects of planning for wet/dry dockings
· Encourage and motivate all team members to work and collaborate in order to meet goals, while fulfilling their job responsibilities and obligations.
· Helps to identify top performers and mentors them for career advancement or promotion.
· Always cooperates with the First Electro-Technical Officer in guiding direct reports to continually identify training and development opportunities for electrical department team members that are in line with their responsibilities and goals.
· Always provide continuous training to direct reports for all programs as directed by the company
· Certificate of Competence III/6 ETO.
· Have a good knowledge of bridge electronics and preferably an Electronic Navigation Equipment Maintenance qualification
· Satisfy the requirements regarding health and physical requirements of the Flag State of the Ship
· Ability to work under sustained pressure and know how to manage crisis when unexpected event occurs.
· A good standard of interpersonal and public relations with Guests at all levels.
· All other certification (including visas etc.)required including Compliance with the requirements of STCW 95 regarding certification for this position and all documents in force at the time of his employment to comply with the Flag State requirements of the ship to which he is assigned.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.