JOB NUMBER: JB03877
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV04643
ORGANIZATION: MSC Cruise Management UK Ltd
BUSINESS AREA: Office
LINE MANAGER: VP Environmental Operations & Compliance
Manages all operational environmental activities of MSC Cruises fleet of cruise vessels ensuring operational excellence and adherence to all applicable environmental rules and regulations and Company Policy.
• Plans and manages logistics and waste disposal activities, ensuring the full compliance with all applicable regulations and Company policies
• Monitors vessels’ activities daily in order to ensure their compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and company policies. Drives operational fleet activities through daily communication with the ship commands and onboard officers
• Participates in audit inspections, and ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 and 45001 certifications as required
• Manages the administrative and operational environmental activities with Port Agencies and stakeholders, developing strategies and programs
• Coordinates shipside activities, ensuring appropriate documentation, related to CLIA, Port Authorities and other stakeholders
• Deals with environmental services vendors and Agencies in order to ensure the ships’ environmental compliance, negotiating costs/rebates and provides support for any relevant financial matters
• Reviews and ensures the correct application of procedures, Manuals, Record Books, and all applicable environmental related documentation
• Researches, follows and updates environmental legislation, and national and international rules regarding all environmental matters
• Analyses new business opportunities in order to optimize the full waste management and water supply process for the fleet, including the new building projects. Analyses costs and environmental performances and cooperates with Port Operations in the development of programs in the environmental related area
• Cooperates in all Environmental Department projects and with all multidisciplinary projects involving different MSC Cruises Departments.
• Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of Italian and other major European languages is an advantage
• Environmental science university studies preferred. Post-graduate specific studies in the area of interest preferred
• A wide knowledge of the Cruise/Maritime industry. Experience onboard cruise ships as either Environmental Officer, Deck Officer, or Engineer Officer preferred
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other company specific operating platforms and databases
• Able to manage communication at all levels. Proven ability to lead and contribute to a harmonious and productive team environment
• Ability to understand and interpret various complex regulations and environmental matters
• Ability to understand and interpret various financial matters affecting the Department
• Ability to work in a multicultural and international working environment
• Ability to perform under pressure.
Existing Right to work in the UK is preferred.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.